Thursday, March 20, 2008

RE: MIX TAPES #3

I haven't done this in a really long time. I haven't been posting here that much lately. Two plus two is four.

Alright, the mix is in CD form this time around. I think it's from late 2003/early 2004. I know that because one of the artists played Call the Office at the time and I cried because I couldn't go.

I'm glad I still listen to most of the stuff I find on these things.


1. Ambulance Vs. Ambulance- THE BLOOD BROTHERS

I'm still pissed that I managed to miss every opportunity to see them before they broke up. I wanted to (and I guess still want to) be in a band like this so badly.

2. Hairspray Suppository- THE LOCUST

They're the ones that played CTO in early 2004. I think Paterson and I were supposed to go, but I was a prick and didn't want to go with her because I didn't believe she was into them. Haha. Really, prick.

3. I Used To Hate Cell Phones But Now I Hate Car Accidents- NORMA JEAN

I never got heavily into NJ, but I remember loving this. They sound so different now.

4. Closed Hands- SAETIA

Saetia were one of my favourite bands when I was younger. Even when I was only listening to nerdy dude rock, I still had A Retrospective on all the time. And I never pronounced their name correctly.

5. Drain the Blood- THE DISTILLERS

Whatever, everyone loves the Distillers. Even if they're a bit shit.

6. This Is Our Emergency- PRETTY GIRLS MAKE GRAVES

This was another band I took advantage of and never took the chance to see live.

7. And you know... - THE GOSSIP

Before their dance days! I definitely remember them playing CTO in the summer of 2003, and being really pissed off because I wasn't allowed to go. It's still really weird to me how huge Beth Ditto is now in the UK media.

8. Jet Black New Year- THURSDAY

I remember finally getting to see this performed live in 2006, and it brought back so many memories.

9. Your Touch Versus Death- EVERY TIME I DIE

Oh, so long ago.

10. Pink Tarantulas- THE BLOOD BROTHERS

Favourite b-side!

11. X and Y- MOVING UNITS

I never got into these guys, I think I only listened to them because Steve from Hot Hot Heat was wearing their t shirt. Is that something to admit? Probably not.

12. Murders In The Rue Morgue- IN FLAMES

I'm not owning up to this. This was an accident. Hahaha. Blame my sister still using the family computer.

13. Capitalism Stole My Virginity- THE (INTERNATIONAL) NOISE CONSPIRACY

Ahh one of the best live bands ever! I'll never get to see Refused so it's sweet that I got to see them.

14. Worked Up So Sexual- THE FAINT

What is this even doing on here? This is the weirdest mix ever. That album was weird, but I definitely became a fan of them because of it.

15. 44. Caliber Love Letter- ALEXISONFIRE
Haha, back when people weren't embarrassed to be an AOF fan. I remember my friend played this as his favourite song in class once and no one knew who they were. Right when it got to the "This is a 44. caliber love letter straight from my heart!" bit, we yelled it across the room. The teacher looked scared/pissed. Oh, memories.