Monday, March 10, 2008

You gave me a beer in exchange for a cookie

The Breeders show was fantastic! The only downfall was that I went alone due to Matt's ID not being eligible.

Somehow I ended up being at the side of the stage, and I got closer as time went on. Both Kim and Kelley Deal looked fantastic and they were smiling the entire time. Kelley was quick to mention how nuts the crowd was for even being there. There was a HORRIBLE snow storm that day (and it continued through the concert and after).

It was their second time playing their new material, and it was great! Kelley sings an entire tune in Spanish.

Later on in the show they went through a whole slew of crowd favourites (No Aloha, Saints, Cannonball, Divine Hammer) and they even played their cover of Happiness Is A Warm Gun! I couldn't believe it. Hearing the original is impossible but it was amazing to hear this version live.

The lighting was horrible so the photos I took didn't turn out so well, but I got a few! (Click to enlarge)





SAINTS!!! (The beginning is cut off out of sheer excitement)


There were so many out-of-tune singers around me. It was awesome!

And of course, here's Cannonball